Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Do I have to make a Resolution?

So with the Holidays over and a New Year ahead of us I realized that a post was overdue. Hopeful everyone out there had a great time over the holidays, I know I did! Visiting with family & friends and of course over indulging with lots of food, chocolates and drinks. I know I am ready to get back into a routine and put my focus back into living lighter again.  I don't really believe in making the traditional New Year's Resolutions anymore as I find they don't really last longer then the month of January.  So instead I am embracing the New Year as fresh start and clean slate.
 
 
There really is a ton of possibilities that the next 365 days will bring. Sometimes it seem daunting to start something new or get back into something you have already been doing. Just take it one day at a time. Sure it's fast and easy to grab a frozen dinner or other prepared meal or skip working out but with a little pre planning and prep having fresh fruit and veggies at the ready will ensure a positive food habit.  Prep had been my hardest task lately, I buy the food and end up wasting it because I get to lazy the night before to pack my lunch.  Weekends are usually my prep days so I start thinking what groceries I need to pick up but occasionally its nice to have a little help with it. Enter my Guilty Pleasure... 
 
 
Yup, that's right magazines... They call to me at the checkout like the chocolate bars should, which I guess is a good thing lol.  I used to be a Cosmo girl but since starting my healthy quest I realized there's magazine's for that too! Depending who is on the cover and what other articles are in them depends on the magazine I choose. My fave is Women's Health as I find it has just about everything, different articles, motivation and recipes.  Recipes or meal plans are what help with my grocery shopping and prep work. The meal plans are a great source to give me different ideas for lunch and dinner and sometimes even snacks!  I admit I picked up the most recent Self magazine because Jillian Michaels was on the cover.  I have only given it a quick flip but I'm excited to read more about the meal plan they have it. Maybe I will have a few new recipes for upcoming posts.  
 
Let's face it I don't have room to keep a stack of magazines for one or 2 articles or recipes I like in it, so what I do is photocopy what I want and keep it in a folder. It's great to go back and look through them for new inspiration. It's also good to look back and go over your past year, what worked well and what didn't?  What can you do different in the new year? What did you learn in the past year you can bring forward in the new year? By making a fresh start, it offers new hope and renewed motivation, I'm excited to wipe the slate clean and build a Great Year! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. You should scan the things you like and put them into Pinterest boards. If you link your Pinterest board to your blog, then everyone can see what you find interesting :) If that's what you want to do :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'm new to Pinterest and Blogging so I will see what I can do :)

      Delete