Sunday, February 9, 2014

On My Plate


I would like to thank everyone for the kind words after my previous post (The Beauty and the Beast) I honestly feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I am so glad that I could share what I am going through with you all.  I already feel 10 times stronger and more confident then I did before that post.  So much so that I have decided to take a huge step in my life so that I can continue to help myself as well as others. I have become an Independent Team Beachbody Coach.  This will allow me to offer awesome workout programs, one of the healthiest meal replacement shakes plus my support and guidance along the way!  Together with this blog I want to reach out and help people, because to me getting healthy and fit is one of the most important things you can do in your life!  I have a new page over on Facebook to offer tips, recipes, motivation plus I will share ever blog post so you won't miss one!  So go over and Like Me! I know you want too :) I just ordered the newest program, the 21 Day Fix. I am super excited for this as it incorporates nutrition with working out to get maximum results in 21 day!

So with nutrition on my mind, I recently went out to celebrate a friends birthday.  She choose a nice Italian restaurant.  Now I like pasta but I know the servings can be huge sometimes and I wasn't really feeling like a salad either.  Which by the way you do need to watch out for because although seemingly healthy you can actually over eat on salad too. So I decided on Grilled chicken, with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies.  I asked the waitress if I came with one breast of chicken or two and she said two, so I then asked if she could just have the kitchen box up half my meal and bring me the other half.


I did feel like a pain in the butt but I was glad I did ask for this.  It was super tasty and just as good the next day.  I did splurge and have a glass of wine and cake later on... but compared to everyone's massive pasta dishes I think it was ok lol.

What are some others ways you save on calories well eating out?  I know if I do get salad I ask for dressing on the side. Sometimes restaurants have a healthy choice menu or a low sodium one, if so I try to choose from something off that.  Now having said this I do realize I don't eat out every night and when I do it is special and its ok to treat myself once in awhile. 

Eating healthy is a huge part of Living Lighter.  I know from experience as I recently fell off the wagon and pigged out for a few months.  I slowly became more lazy and lost motivation and almost stopped working out all together. (Read about what got me going again here). As soon as I started eating better I noticed a big change, I felt better, I became more motivated, I wanted to start working out again which in turn helped give me more energy and just started the ball rolling again. I will reach my goal again One plate at a time, One pound at time.

2 comments:

  1. look at you and your awesome blog posts!

    I *know* that asking for 1/2 your meal boxed from the start is a great way to do it. it just is hard to do sometimes!
    good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will confess I do rather like blogging now that I've started :)

      Delete