Sunday, March 2, 2014

Life's Soundtrack

So lately I haven't been much in a writing kind of mood. So I took the chance and went back and read some of my previous posts. I realized from my The Right Stuff that I forgot to mention one very important essential.... Music! Whether you hear it in a workout class, on an iPod, or through your cell phone it plays an important part in fitness. Personally when I started out I used my cell phone, I didn't have a lot of songs and I hated my headphones so I'm pretty sure when I went for a walk down the road all the neighbors heard lol.


Luckily for them I received an iPod shuffle for Christmas a few years back and have absolutely loved it since!  It's great because it's tiny and has a clip to attach it to your clothes. I can navigate it without look at it and has enough storage to suit me fine.  I LOVE making different playlists for different activities.  I have one for walking, one for running, on for working out, I even have one for sleeping! I find you need to have different play list for different activities too, I mean I don't think I can run to a song that would put you to sleep. For running I tend to go for dancey high energy songs... Pitbull is a favorite lol. A good fast song can add extra motivation to go a little faster or continue on until it's over. My walking playlist is a whole variety of different music Rock, Country, Pop, even some of my favorite Zumba songs. I go for music that is upbeat and makes me smile :) and yes I do have a playlist for sleeping. Sometimes when you can't turn your brain off I find listening to music helps.
 
 I try not to go for really popular songs that get a whole lot of radio time unless I truly do love it. Trust me after awhile you just get sick of the same song over and over and over.  I explore my iTunes and listen to songs whose names attract me to them.  Sometime they end up being popular too... the Sara Bareilles song Brave for instants I had it way before it grew in popularity. My newest favorite none popular song has been Famous by Kelleigh Bannen. A few others I enjoy are Fix You by Vita Chambers, Alive by Krewella and Live Your Life by Mika. I find however the biggest challenge to listening to music is to not sing along to it or at least not to loudly ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment