Saturday, November 8, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

Well considering today is a special day for me I decided it would also be a good day to start Blogging again. Today marks my 4 year anniversary to when I decided to (in honest words) get off my lazy ass and stop being fat. I have definitely learned ALOT in the past 4 years and it has never been easy. This past year has been a struggle for me which has been why you haven't been reading that many blog posts.  I seem to have lost my Mojo. This anniversary has really helped me look back and see where I came from and the progress I did accomplish as well as the many defeats I have had.  I am really happy to say I realized something very important. I have my WHOLE life to be healthy and fit!!!! I know amazing right?

You have to start from somewhere

With this realization it occurred to me that it's OK that I haven't been perfect.  I read an article the other day online (To Read it click HERE) from a girl who had lost almost 100 pounds and I swear I could have wrote parts of it myself! It was about how she was dealing with having depression from her weight loss.  Although I am not suffering from any kind of depression alot of what she said I could completely relate too. Up to last summer I had been working so incredible hard and my main mission in life was to lose weight and reach my goal of losing 50 pounds.  I did reach that goal (hooray!) but shortly after is kind of where it started to fall apart. I didn't know what to do with myself after I reached my goal, I mean I had just spent that last few years trying to hit it. So I started to celebrate! A glass of wine here, some chocolate and chips there.  Before I knew it my pants were starting to get snug and I'd gained weight back!  I have spent most of the rest of this year trying and failing to lose that extra bit and reclaim my goal. I told myself I would never go back to being the unhappy, unhealthy person I was when I started out and by golly I'm NOT! I hate the way my pants fit and I am  determined to see that goal weight again, so I am ready to recommit to the lifestyle I switched to 4 years ago! Only this time all that failing I did taught me something.  When I get to my goal, I will set another new one.  I already know what it is, I'm going to make my goal to maintain my new weight this time! Smart, I know :)

So lets look at the highlights to this year because it wasn't really all bad. One of the best decisions I made was to become a Beachbody Coach. This lets me have an amazing group of support who are rooting for me and my success well being able to pay it forward and help other people along the same journey I am on.  In fact that is how I am going to be getting back to my goal weight.  On Monday I am super excited to be starting a new program P90, I chose it because it is perfect to where I am right now, I am going to use it as my on switch for fitness again. I can not wait to see my Day 90 results but I'm going to break it down and just do 30 days at a time.  I am also really excited that for the first 30 Days I will be running a Biggest Loser style competition to help some other gorgeous ladies get their fitness journey going again as well.  Who needs a new year's resolution, when I can stat now!  Also a big highlight for me was getting to go with a few fellow Beachbody coaches to our Summit event in Vegas this summer. It was truly inspiring to be with some many others who want the same things you do! I have a blog post coming with more on that so stay tuned! I honestly can't believe it's been 4 years since I made the best choice in my life and I can't wait to celebrate, 5, 10 even 25 years from now! I'm in it for LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment